BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
At least BGN 10 million will be needed for the new project of the Scaptopara archaeological park, Blagoevgrad Deputy Mayor Hristina Shopova told Focus Radio. She said the Road Infrastructure Agency had kept its word to move and preserve the found remains, and now the ancient settlement would be connected to the Struma motorway. “The municipality, the initiative committee and the Regional Museum of History hope for funding for the exploration of the next 120 decares, as experts think there are even more valuable things to be found. We also aim to socialise the site, make it a favourite tourist destination,” she explained. The municipality is planning to seek funding for the project under different European programmes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Archaeological Excavations of a Medieval Monastery in Ahtopol
- » Bulgarians and Brits Save Remains of a Roman Fortress after Raids from Treasure-Hunters
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Unique City of Dead at Perpericon
- » Historical Discovery: America was Reached by Humans 7,000 years ago
- » First Farmers of Europe Found in the Balkans Date to 5th Millennium BC
- » New Archeological Findings at Bulgaria’s Perperikon