BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
At least BGN 10 million will be needed for the new project of the Scaptopara archaeological park, Blagoevgrad Deputy Mayor Hristina Shopova told Focus Radio. She said the Road Infrastructure Agency had kept its word to move and preserve the found remains, and now the ancient settlement would be connected to the Struma motorway. “The municipality, the initiative committee and the Regional Museum of History hope for funding for the exploration of the next 120 decares, as experts think there are even more valuable things to be found. We also aim to socialise the site, make it a favourite tourist destination,” she explained. The municipality is planning to seek funding for the project under different European programmes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Huge Neolithic Circle of Shafts Found Near Stonehenge
- » Archaeologist Arrested for Faking Staggering Discoveries
- » The Oldest Homo Sapiens In Europe Found in a Bulgarian Cave
- » Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
- » Scientists Found Fossils of Flying Dinosaurs
- » Archeologists Discovered Three 3500-Year-Old Wooden Colourful Coffins in Egypt