BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
At least BGN 10 million will be needed for the new project of the Scaptopara archaeological park, Blagoevgrad Deputy Mayor Hristina Shopova told Focus Radio. She said the Road Infrastructure Agency had kept its word to move and preserve the found remains, and now the ancient settlement would be connected to the Struma motorway. “The municipality, the initiative committee and the Regional Museum of History hope for funding for the exploration of the next 120 decares, as experts think there are even more valuable things to be found. We also aim to socialise the site, make it a favourite tourist destination,” she explained. The municipality is planning to seek funding for the project under different European programmes.
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » Archaeological Visitor Centre will be Built in Perperikon
- » Egypt Unveils More than 40 Ancient Mummies
- » Archaeological Research for Allegedly the Oldest Necropolis in the Balkans will not Start this Year
- » Excavation Continues in Bulgaria’s Trapesitsa Fortress
- » 'Indiana Jones of Art' Finds Stolen Spanish Carvings in English Garden