BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
At least BGN 10 million will be needed for the new project of the Scaptopara archaeological park, Blagoevgrad Deputy Mayor Hristina Shopova told Focus Radio. She said the Road Infrastructure Agency had kept its word to move and preserve the found remains, and now the ancient settlement would be connected to the Struma motorway. “The municipality, the initiative committee and the Regional Museum of History hope for funding for the exploration of the next 120 decares, as experts think there are even more valuable things to be found. We also aim to socialise the site, make it a favourite tourist destination,” she explained. The municipality is planning to seek funding for the project under different European programmes.
- » Archaeologists Discovered the Oldest Mirror from the Middle Ages in Bulgaria?
- » Archeologists Discovered Necropolis at Perpericon
- » Archaeologists Find a Marble Slab with a Greek Inscription Dedicated to the Cult of the Virgin Mary
- » Archaeologists Encounter more Unique Finds in Kaliakra (PHOTOS)
- » Bulgaria’s Government Allocates BGN 100,000 for Excavations at Ancient City Heraclea Sintica
- » A Roman Wall Was Found During the Renovation of 'Malko Tarnovo'' Street