Total Revenues From Night Stays in Bulgaria Reached BGN 48.4 million For December 2018
Total revenues from night stays in Bulgarian accommodation establishments in December 2018 reached BGN 48.4 million, which represents a 9.3% rise compared to the same month of 2017, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. Both revenues from foreigners and Bulgarians increased, by 11.7% and 7.6%, respectively.
The number of night stays in all Bulgarian accommodation establishments in December was 844,200, 1.3% more compared to a year earlier. The greatest increase (5.2%) was registered at 4- and 5-star hotels, which recorded 74.3% of all night stays by foreign citizens and 40.3% of those by Bulgarians.
The number of arrivals in local accommodation establishments rose 1.6% year-on-year to 437,300, with an increase of 2.2% and 1.4% for foreigners and Bulgarians, respectively. Overall, 318,100 Bulgarians and 119,200 foreigners spent nights in accommodation establishments in December. On average, foreigners spent 2.3 nights and Bulgarians – 1.8 nights.
The total occupancy of bed-places was 23.4%, down by 0.7 percentage points against December 2017.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finnair: Half of Our Customers Planning Leisure Trips by Air, Flights within Europe First Choice
- » Tourism Minister Angelkova: Bulgaria is a Safe Holiday Destination, Tourist Season Starts on July 1
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria: Movement within EU to be Restored on June 15
- » Dr. Kunchev: Bulgaria and our Black Sea Coast Will be the Safest Places in Europe
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova: The Indoor Restaurants will Open on June 1
- » 17 Beaches on the Black Sea Coast in Bulgaria Will Be Free This Summer