Sofia is Again Becoming a Digital Capital
And this year, Webit will welcome the leaders of the largest and most innovative companies in the world, NOVA TV reports.
The Webit festival this year will again turn Sofia into a digital capital. The event will be held from May 13 to May 15 and this year's edition will welcome the leaders of the world's largest and most innovative companies, hundreds of investors and thousands of entrepreneurs.
Among the most interesting guests at the festival this year is the idea-man Mark Cuban. The businessman and investor is among the richest in the US, earning his fortune through a series of sales of his own businesses. He is the owner of the NBA team Dallas Mavericks who transformed into a champion only a few years later.
According to the organizers of over 60 million euros is estimated effect of Webit on the Bulgarian economy.
This includes both revenue from tourism services and direct and indirect investment in companies, creating new jobs and marketing the destination as a venue for innovation and as a location for global event tourism.
Last year's edition included 7,000 participants from 110 countries, and the influential forum for innovation and entrepreneurship was opened by the robot Sofia.
- » ECB Reports Tightening of Bank Lending Standards in the Second Quarter of the Year
- » Economy Minister Emil Karanikolov: Bulgaria Is Still in the Race for the Volkswagen Plant
- » Minister Rossen Zhelyazkov: 5G Technology is a Revolution For the Economy, Industry and Society
- » BSMEPA Declares Support for the Initiatives of the Union of Inventors of Bulgaria
- » Italian Chamber of Commerce and BSMEPA have Agreed on a More Intense Cooperation
- » Bulgaria Big On Bitcoin As Reserves Could Exceed Its Gold Stash