Rights of Bulgarian Citizens in the UK Will Be Guaranteed Even After a Hard Brexit
The rights of Bulgarian citizens in the UK will also be guaranteed even after a hard Brexit. This was assured by theHead of the Labor and Social Affairs Office at the Bulgarian Embassy in London Vassil Assenov.
He reminded us that our compatriots, who live on the territory of the Kingdom on March 29, must apply for a sedentary status through a specially developed application. Starting January 21, the procedure, which is electronic and free of charge, is active for Bulgarians with a biometric passport. Bulgarians who do not have a biometric passport or are only with ID cards will be able to apply after the opening of the scheme to all EU citizens by 30 March this year, Asenov added in an interview for the show "Before All"on the BNT.
"In the absence of a deal, the British government has published its" White Paper "on the country's future emigration system, which is expected to enter into force in early 2021 and we have indications that by the end of 2020, respectively citizens will still be able to travel with their ID cards or, respectively, passports abroad. After 2021, the expectations are that for short-term trips, those related to tourism, it will not be necessary to get your tourist visas ".
To clarify the rights of Bulgarian citizens after the UK's withdrawal from the EU, the Office for Labor and Social Affairs at the Bulgarian mission in London organizes information days this month. A consulate-general is also to be opened in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- » For the 10th Consecutive Year, Bulgaria is the Last in the EU in Pay of Overtime Work
- » Brexit Without a Deal will Cost Bulgaria 111 Million Euros a Year
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Discussed the Mobility Package with the President of the European Parliament
- » Maria Gabriel: Startups Will Shape the Future of Europe
- » The Mobility Package Еnters the European Parliament on Monday
- » Bulgarian PM Will Participate in the Regular Meeting of the European Council on 21 and 22 March