Bulgarian Manufacturer Announced it can Make Voting Machines in Time for the European Elections
For 60 days we can produce the necessary voting machines in the elections for MEPs, said Alexander Chobanov, who is the head of the National School of Robotics. He announced that their development was priced at 1,900 euros.
"I have asked Danail Kirilov to make a demonstration in his committee (on legal affairs), and we have no reply while I also sent a letter to Tsveta Karayancheva," Chobanov said.
He stressed that the voting machines meet all the requirements of the electoral law, the electoral code and the Central Electoral Commission. Eng. Chobanov pointed out that the machine vote resolves the issue of invalid ballots and purchased votes. He stressed that 30 seconds were enough to vote with the Bulgarian machine.
For the time being, the intentions of the governors are to have voting machines in over 1000 sections with over 300 voters and the CEC to decide in which sections.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today