New Idea for the Modernization of Elevators in Bulgaria
After mounting the SOS mobile connection, we are now thinking about the modernization of all the lifts in the country. The idea is for the cabs to be equipped with modern security systems. Preliminary estimates show that this will cost 2500 leva per elevator, NOVA points out.
Every day in our country we make 9 million courses with old lifts, according to calculations by the industry. And they say the greatest danger to people is the lack of a security door.
The complete reconstruction - a safety threshold, additional doors and an overload system would cost about 2500 leva per cabin. If there are 20 families in the entrance, it costs about 125 leva per household.
There are also worries that reconstruction would make it difficult for old lifts, as it will make the cabin even narrower.
However, according to experts, this would prevent people from exceeding the maximum number of people that travel together.
The Metrological and Technical Surveillance Agency explained that the additional requirements for elevators would be subject to public discussion.
If accepted, the owners will probably have a 5-year term to modernize the elevators.
- » Bulgaria to Propose EU Assistance to Refugees in Jordan
- » PM Borissov: There is No Increased Migration Pressure on Bulgaria Due to the Situation in Syria
- » More than BGN 14 million Illegally Spent by the Electricity System Operator
- » National Assembly Adopts Declaration on EU Accession of Northern Macedonia and Albania
- » Bulgaria with Two Positions Ahead in the Ranking of the World Economic Forum
- » Borissov: Bulgaria Does Not Drop Out of Race For Volkswagen