US Launches Campaign Against "Turkish Stream"
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during their tour to European countries next week, will call on them to give up their support for the Turkish Stream project, a senior State Department official said,quoted by Econ.bg
Pompeo will visit Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Belgium and Iceland on 11-15 February. "In Hungary we will continue to insist on the diversification of energy supply in Central Europe.
In addition, Pompeo will call on Hungary to "stop blocking NATO's cooperation with Ukraine."
"We are trying to strengthen our diplomatic, commercial, military and cultural engagement everywhere in Central Europe. Our position is that it is mature and necessary. For the last ten years, there has been a lack of active US involvement in Central Europe, which has led to the emergence of vacuums that China and Russia have gladly filled up, "the diplomat said.
- » For the 10th Consecutive Year, Bulgaria is the Last in the EU in Pay of Overtime Work
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev in Egypt: I Lead an Impressive Business Delegation, I Expect Good Deals
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov met with Turkey's Chief Prosecutor Mehmet Akarca
- » The Sofia Library Marks 140 Years Since the Announcement of Sofia as a Capital City
- » Three Major Repairs to Trakia Highway Start on Monday
- » President Rumen Radev Leads Bulgarian Delegation in Egypt