Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
The Court of Appeals in the city of Veliko Turnovo on 8th of February decided to remand the head of the Work Capability Assessment Commission in Lovech, Donka Minkova. She was arrested on 31st of January at a time she was receiving a bribe from an intermediary. The two were involved in a scheme for issuing false disability decisions by the Work Capability Assessment Commission, so that the recipients with false diagnosis could receive pensions and benefits, reports BNT.
In the court today, Dr. Minkova and her laywer requested her to be placed under house arrest because of her severe health condition, which could be aggravated due to her stay in the investigation detention facility in Lovech.
However, the magistrates confirmed the ruling of the Lovech District Court and ruled that there was no obstacle for medical care to be provided in the cell.
According to the court panel, the charge against the head of the Work Capability Assessment Commission in Lovech is serious and if she is found guilty, she will face imprisonment of up to 6 years and a fine of up to BGN 5,000.
- » Former Greek Military Official Shot his Bulgarian Girlfriend and Killed Himself
- » Illegal Logging in Bulgaria is Estimated at BGN 150 Million Per Year
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down 2 illegal Cannabis Production Greenhouses
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad