Trade Union Podkrepa: We will Protect Coal Plant Maritsa Iztok by all Means
Trade union Podkrepa will protect the Maritsa Iztok complex by all available means, union leader Dimitar Manolov said at the opening of a congress of the organisation 30 years after its establishment, Focus News Agency reports. “We will always protect the Maritsa Iztok complex while it is able to operate, generate the sole 100% Bulgarian electricity, not dependant on imports of raw materials, technology or labour,” Manolov declared. “We hope the next European Commission will have a more reasonable policy in this crucial field not only for Bulgaria but for Europe as well,” he added. He further said the Bulgarian coal power industry in the area of Maritsa Iztok was at risk of destruction and needed continuous efforts by Bulgarian institutions to protect the national energy sector. Environmental protection is very important, but the priority should be placed on people’s interests and then one should find the acceptable balance, he said.
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
- » Is Winter Going Away? New Warm Wave is Coming