In Few Years Traveling from Sofia to Belgrade will be Possible in Less than Two Hours by Train
Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva has announced that in few years from Sofia to Belgrade we will be able travel in less than two hours by train. During the parliamentary oversight she specified that the construction of the new railway lines between the two capitals will be financed by the European Commission, which has allocated an additional € 190 million to 11 transport projects.
According to the deputy prime minister, 360 km of railway lines will be built. Thus, high-speed trains will be able to travel there, and the trip to the Serbian capital will last for less than 2 hours.
Nearly one year ago, transport ministers in Serbia and Croatia signed a memorandum that provides for both sides to rebuild the Belgrade-Zagreb rail link together. The line is 412 km long and with its reconstruction the train trip on it will be reduced from the current seven and a half hours to just over three hours. Thus, when the two lines connect in Belgrade, the trip from Sofia to Zagreb by train will be about 5 hours.
Zaharieva also said that, with European money, 400 km of roads that are part of the cross-border routes will be renovated.
- » Bulgarian Flight Delays Trigger A Government Investigation
- » Eurostat: In Five Years No Sea Cruise has been Realized in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks Last in the EU in Online Holiday Booking
- » Significant Increase in Bulgarians' Trips for the Second Quarter of the Year
- » The Strike of the Ryanair Pilots is POSTPONED
- » We Can Already Choose Our Seats on the Train