Lately Bulgarian Consumers Believe that Buying a Car or Home is more Affordable
In January, there has been some improvement in consumer intentions to make purchases of durable items such as car, home or home improvement. The comparison relates to the moods 12 months ago, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI) data from the quarterly consumer survey. In addition, people in smaller settlements are more optimistic than those in the cities, reports Dnevnik.
In January 2019 the total consumer confidence indicator rose by 1.9 percentage points compared to October 2018, with the population in cities increasing by 1 point and by 2.9 percentage points in the rural population.
According to consumer estimates, there has been some positive change in the overall economic situation in the country over the past twelve months. The expectations of those living in villages are this positive trend to continue over the next twelve months as opposed to the urban population, which is slightly more negative than three months earlier.
With regard to unemployment expectations in the country over the next twelve months, it will remain roughly at its level in October 2018.
Consumers' expectations about their financial position are also improving over the next 12 months.
Ratings for consumer price changes over the last twelve months are less favorable. At the same time, however, the inflation expectations for the next twelve months are less expressed.
- » Cyprus Launches a Mass Tree Planting Campaign
- » Archaeologists Find a Marble Slab with a Greek Inscription Dedicated to the Cult of the Virgin Mary
- » It Will Be Sunny Today, around and after Noon - Hot
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS