Lately Bulgarian Consumers Believe that Buying a Car or Home is more Affordable
In January, there has been some improvement in consumer intentions to make purchases of durable items such as car, home or home improvement. The comparison relates to the moods 12 months ago, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI) data from the quarterly consumer survey. In addition, people in smaller settlements are more optimistic than those in the cities, reports Dnevnik.
In January 2019 the total consumer confidence indicator rose by 1.9 percentage points compared to October 2018, with the population in cities increasing by 1 point and by 2.9 percentage points in the rural population.
According to consumer estimates, there has been some positive change in the overall economic situation in the country over the past twelve months. The expectations of those living in villages are this positive trend to continue over the next twelve months as opposed to the urban population, which is slightly more negative than three months earlier.
With regard to unemployment expectations in the country over the next twelve months, it will remain roughly at its level in October 2018.
Consumers' expectations about their financial position are also improving over the next 12 months.
Ratings for consumer price changes over the last twelve months are less favorable. At the same time, however, the inflation expectations for the next twelve months are less expressed.
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » Pandas in the Zoo in Moscow Listen to Putin's Voice
- » Chinese Scientists Explore the Mariana Trough
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather, Maximum Temperatures Between 27°C and 32°C
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad