The 69th Edition of "Berlinale" Begins
It is one of the largest public film festivals in the world, attracting tens of thousands of visitors from around the world every year. For the film industry and the media, the eleven days in February are also one of the most important events in the annual calendar and an indispensable trading forum.
The main competition includes 17 films, 16 of which are world premieres. And the focus this year is on female directors, writes the BNT.
The Berlin International Film Festival enjoys an eventful history. The festival was created for the Berlin public in 1951, at the beginning of the Cold War, as a “showcase of the free world”. Shaped by the turbulent post-war period and the unique situation of a divided city, the Berlinale has developed into a place of intercultural exchange and a platform for the critical cinematic exploration of social issues. To this day it is considered the most political of all the major film festivals, writes themayor.eu.
The Berlinale brings the big stars of international cinema to Berlin and discovers new talents. It accompanies filmmakers of all disciplines on their paths into the spotlight and supports careers, projects, dreams and visions. Thanks to its numerous industry initiatives, the Berlinale is a significant driver of innovation and an important economic factor internationally as well as for companies in Germany and Berlin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's National Library is Now Opened
- » Officially! Bulgaria Opens Museums, Cinemas, Libraries and Allows Concerts
- » Bulgaria Will Participate in Chicago Exhibition
- » Summer Work and Travel Programs for Students were not Canceled but Postponed until May 12, Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva Said
- » Almost Empty Temples on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
- » Film industry - among most affected sectors by Covid-19 pandemic