UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization
- » Sweden seeks Military Help against Gang Violence
- » The EU guarantees the Stay of Ukrainian Refugees until March 2025
- » The US Federal Administration is preparing for a Government Shutdown