UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
- » Trillions of Cigarette Butts Thrown on the Ground Annually
- » Ursula von der Leyen: The European Union does not Want a Hard Brexit
- » China is the World's Largest Watermelon Producer
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Juncker Has Accepted the Resignation of the Secretary-General Martin Selmayr
- » Short Circuit Shuts Down Three Reactors of a Russian NPP