UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House
- » Christine Lagarde: Global Growth Is "Fragile" and "Threatened"
- » Several People Were Injured in a Shooting in Washington
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General