UNICEF: Every Fifth Child in the World Lives in Extreme Poverty
Every fifth child in the world lives in extreme poverty and has less than $ 2 a day. This shows the results of a study by UNICEF and the International Labor Organization, the Bulgarian National Television reports.
Almost half of the world's children live in "moderate" poverty, with only a third of them covered by social protection.
There are 87% of children in Europe and Central Asia, 66% in North and South America and only 16% in Africa.
- » Theresa May Plans To Present MPs A New Package Of Measures For Brexit
- » Austria's Vice-Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache Investigated For Ibiza Meeting Video
- » Venezuela Is Ready To Start Negotiations With U.S.
- » The Talks Between British Prime Minister Theresa May And Jeremy Corbyn Collapsed
- » The Bulgarian Consulate In Barcelona Will Open On August 1st
- » Trump Is Going To Put An End To The U.S. Green Card Lottery