Bulgaria Has Allocated Nearly BGN 20 million For Aids For People with Disabilities
For the period January-December 2018 the state has allocated 19 947 841 BGN 42 for auxiliary equipment, devices and medical devices for people with disabilities. That is what Minister of Labor and Social Policy, Bisser Petkov, said in a reply to a parliamentary question, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
The most funds - over BGN 7 million are for hearing aids of 55 282 people. 9364 have received funds for wheelchairs . Another 350 have been able to buy rechargeable wheelchairs again with the help of the state.
For the past year, the total number of refusals made on applications for disability allowances for people with disabilities was 1 226.
- » Targovishte Municipality is the most Transparent Institution in Bulgaria
- » With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
- » Ministry of Interior: Telephone Fraudsters Earn BGN 8-10 million Per Year
- » Heat Companies in Bulgaria Want an Increase in the Price of Heating by Up to 108%
- » Iliana Yotova Talks With Foreign Students of Bulgarian Origin
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Says Oman has Withdrawn Arbitration Claim over Corpbank