Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker Will Discuss the Deal for Brexit
British Prime Minister Teresa May and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker will discuss the deal for Brexit in Brussels on how the UK wants to amend or replace the Irish backstop, reported Econ.bg
Three separate options are currently being considered by ministers - the so-called "Malthouse Compromise", putting an end date on the backstop, or creating a mechanism which allows the UK to leave the arrangement at a time of its choosing.
Before today's meeting, it became clear that the European Union's position on the agreement remained unchanged and it was not subject to renegotiation.
- » Carriers Discuss Forthcoming Protest Actions in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria and Japan Strengthen Cooperation in the Economy, Culture, Tourism and Development of the Western Balkans
- » "Women in the Balkans in the Next 100"
- » RFE/RL: Bulgarian Justice Minister Resigns Amid Real Estate Scandal
- » Bulgarian President Radev and CEC Discussed Preparations for the European Elections
- » Anti-corruption Body Investigates Property Deals of Ruling Majority Politicians in Bulgaria