10 People Remain in Hospital after the Serious Crash on Struma Motorway
The section of Struma motorway, where the serious multi-car crash occurred, was opened to traffic late last night 5th of February, reports BNT.
A man died in the accident and 13 other people were seriously injured. Currently, 10 people remain in hospital in Sandanski, one of them being with life-threatening injuries. The most likely cause of the multi-vehicle collision is the dense fog in the area.
Most of the injured are now in stable condition, but have severe injuries. Three of them continue treatment at a hospital in Blagoevgrad.
Dr. Dimitar Krastev, anesthesiologist: a man and a woman are in stable general condition although with abdominal and thoracic traumas and an elderly woman is with fracture of lower limbs, whi was admitted in the orthopedics ward.
The investigators continue to work to identify the circumstances that led to the serious road accident. According to experts, besides the thick fog, the cause of the road accident should also be sought in the drivers.
Alexander Tsatsev, Chair of the SBA Blagoevgrad: Motorists are obliged to take into account the weather conditions and when there is low visibility, no matter whether it is because of fog, smoke, or dust, the speed shiuld be reduced to respond adequately to the situation. And also there is a rule - the speed must be such that we can stop on half of the way we see in front of us.
- » 2-year-old boy Disappeared near Ravnets, Searching Continued all the Night with Thermal Cameras
- » Bulgarian Police Goes Viral after Accidentally Pepper Spray Themselves Instead of Protesters
- » 20-year-old was Shot in the Head after a Dispute in Burgas
- » Three Bulgarians Died in a Car Crash in Scotland
- » A Huge Construction Crane Fell in the Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » The Safety Retainers on Grafa Street will be Removed after a few Incidents