Avalanche Danger in Bulgaria is Currently Level 3
The current avalanche danger in Bulgaria is level 3, Kamen Yakimov of the Mountain Rescue Service at the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus Radio this morning. This is considerable avalanche danger, he specified.
He said there is great avalanche activity this season and the greatest risk arises after heavy snowfall and snow accumulation followed by a significant rise in temperatures. Steep slopes are the most endangered areas. With the current high temperatures and increased humidity, the most dangerous time is around noon and early afternoon when the snowpack is wet and overloaded and its stability is most likely to be affected, Kamen Yakimov explained. People underestimate the conditions and overestimate their own skills, the mountain rescuer commented.
- » In the Last Week of March There will be Cold Days
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins