Avalanche Danger in Bulgaria is Currently Level 3
The current avalanche danger in Bulgaria is level 3, Kamen Yakimov of the Mountain Rescue Service at the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus Radio this morning. This is considerable avalanche danger, he specified.
He said there is great avalanche activity this season and the greatest risk arises after heavy snowfall and snow accumulation followed by a significant rise in temperatures. Steep slopes are the most endangered areas. With the current high temperatures and increased humidity, the most dangerous time is around noon and early afternoon when the snowpack is wet and overloaded and its stability is most likely to be affected, Kamen Yakimov explained. People underestimate the conditions and overestimate their own skills, the mountain rescuer commented.
- » Sunny and Hot Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 29°C and 34°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Macedonia
- » China floods: Dozens killed, Hundreds Are Wounded
- » Sunny and Hot today, with Maximum Temperature Between 31°C and 36°C
- » Bulgarian and Romanian Ships Fight Oil Spills in the Black Sea
- » 4.1 Magnitude Earthquake In Greece