Municipality of Varna with a Record Budget For 2019
Varna met 2019 with a budget of nearly BGN 498 000 million. It is a record in the history of the city and is the second largest in the country after that of the capital. Varna will have nearly BGN 104 million more compared to 2018. Will there be an increase in local taxes and fees and what will the funds be spent on?
This year's main priorities of the municipality are the education, the establishment of Varna as a year-round tourist destination, and the attraction of more funds for European programs. The budget for culture and sport has doubled, amounting to just over BGN 33 million.
Additional funding will be earmarked for sporting events as well as for the construction of a new sports infrastructure in the year in which Varna is awarded the European City of Sports title.
Ivan Portnih, Mayor of Varna: Varna starts the year with good news. A record budget of about BGN 485 million, while a record low unemployment rate in the city. I am glad that thanks to our active work on European projects and programs, thanks to the support of the government and thanks to the better work of the administration, we have managed to provide such a macro-budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"