Municipality of Varna with a Record Budget For 2019
Varna met 2019 with a budget of nearly BGN 498 000 million. It is a record in the history of the city and is the second largest in the country after that of the capital. Varna will have nearly BGN 104 million more compared to 2018. Will there be an increase in local taxes and fees and what will the funds be spent on?
This year's main priorities of the municipality are the education, the establishment of Varna as a year-round tourist destination, and the attraction of more funds for European programs. The budget for culture and sport has doubled, amounting to just over BGN 33 million.
Additional funding will be earmarked for sporting events as well as for the construction of a new sports infrastructure in the year in which Varna is awarded the European City of Sports title.
Ivan Portnih, Mayor of Varna: Varna starts the year with good news. A record budget of about BGN 485 million, while a record low unemployment rate in the city. I am glad that thanks to our active work on European projects and programs, thanks to the support of the government and thanks to the better work of the administration, we have managed to provide such a macro-budget.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor