400 Thousand People Emigrated From Bulgaria For the Last 7 Years
Bulgarian emigrants around the world have increased by 400,000 in seven years, the eurochicago.com news portal reported, quoted by Econ.bg
In Germany, the number of Bulgarian emigrants is 416 000. According to information on the portal, in 2011 the number of Bulgarians there was nearly 75 000. The number of Bulgarians in the UK and France increased, while in Turkey there was a decrease.
The total number of Bulgarian citizens in the world, according to data for 2011 sent to us at the beginning of 2012 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, was 2 018 792.
If we roughly sum up the approximate data - more than 2 million and 417 thousand Bulgarian citizens are outside the country in 2018.
The population of Bulgaria, according to some sources, is already under 7 million. Those over 2 million and 417 thousand Bulgarian citizens abroad are a significant part of them, most of them in active and working age. And this very significant part of our fellow citizens with electoral rights have no institutional representation in Bulgaria unless we count the 25 employees in the sadly glorified State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad.
At the same time, young and active people, who are increasingly decreasing in Bulgaria, continue to look for opportunities outside the country. And in Bulgaria, fewer children are born, unlike the children of Bulgarian emigrants who are born and grow abroad.
- » New Contamination after Oil Spill! This Time near Burgas
- » Decho Dechev, Manager of NHIF: The Cashiers' Gaps Are Well Known
- » Increased Traffic on Bulgaria's Roads
- » Sunny and Hot Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 29°C and 34°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Macedonia
- » China floods: Dozens killed, Hundreds Are Wounded