Bulgarian Energy Minister: Bulgaria Will Build ''Turkish Stream''
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova said that Bulgaria will build "Turkish Stream".
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Radio, she explained that the procedure is in line with the European rules and that the aim is to keep Bulgaria's key position on the gas map in Europe.
''The market test was carried out and 100 percent of the input and output capacity of the pipe was committed'', the minister said. "The start of construction is directly committed to the success of the third phase of the market test'', she added,
During the term of the procedure, on 31 January 2019, it became clear that the market test was successful. As a result of the success of the market test, Bulgartransgaz took a final investment decision for the realization of this project and proceeded with the conclusion of contracts with the participants who submitted the engaging offers during the third phase of the market test. The public procurement is underway and we expect to submit an application for participation by 15 February.
At the beginning of 2020, the project must be put into operation.
- » New Opportunities Can be Uncovered for Energy co-op between Bulgaria, Azerbaijan
- » Bulgaria will Open Talks with Gazprom on Reducing the Price of Natural Gas
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator: We are Inspectig the Deal between CEZ and Eurohold
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Electricity Company Resigned
- » The Ministry of Energy and the KEWR Support the Creation of a Natural Gas Exchange in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Attend a High-Level Energy Summit in Belgrade