Bulgarian Energy Minister: Bulgaria Will Build ''Turkish Stream''
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova said that Bulgaria will build "Turkish Stream".
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Radio, she explained that the procedure is in line with the European rules and that the aim is to keep Bulgaria's key position on the gas map in Europe.
''The market test was carried out and 100 percent of the input and output capacity of the pipe was committed'', the minister said. "The start of construction is directly committed to the success of the third phase of the market test'', she added,
During the term of the procedure, on 31 January 2019, it became clear that the market test was successful. As a result of the success of the market test, Bulgartransgaz took a final investment decision for the realization of this project and proceeded with the conclusion of contracts with the participants who submitted the engaging offers during the third phase of the market test. The public procurement is underway and we expect to submit an application for participation by 15 February.
At the beginning of 2020, the project must be put into operation.
- » Nearly 80% of the Water in Bulgaria Goes to the Energy Sector
- » Bulgargaz Аnnounces a Competition For the Supply of Gas that is Not From Russia
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: I Hope the Belene NPP Procedure Will Be Successful
- » The Procedure for Choosing a Strategic Investor in Belene NPP Starts
- » Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia and Albania Unite their Electricity Markets
- » Тоday It Will Become Clear Which Are the Candidates For the Construction of TurkSteam on Bulgarian Territory