Turkey Aims to Enhance Friendship with Greece
Turkey's Parliament Speaker Binali Yildirim said on Saturday the country aimed to “enhance friendship” and “reduce animosity” between Ankara and Athens, Anadolu Agency reports.
Speaking to reporters in Istanbul after commemoration of a population exchange between Greece and Turkey after World War I, Yildirim said the two countries share a common history and culture despite on and off disputes in the Aegean Sea.
His remarks come ahead of a two-day visit by Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Feb. 5-6.
- » 2019 Tourist Season in Greece is Extremely Successful
- » Fitch to Lift SEE Countries Credit Ratings upon ERM II, Euro Area Entry
- » Erdogan: Turkey Will Carry Out a Military Operation in Syria
- » Higher Prices For TOL System in Serbia
- » Erdogan: Operation of the C-400 Systems is Scheduled to Begin in April 2020
- » Turkey Will not Give up on Drilling Near Cyprus, Despite EU Sanctions