Turkey Aims to Enhance Friendship with Greece
Turkey's Parliament Speaker Binali Yildirim said on Saturday the country aimed to “enhance friendship” and “reduce animosity” between Ankara and Athens, Anadolu Agency reports.
Speaking to reporters in Istanbul after commemoration of a population exchange between Greece and Turkey after World War I, Yildirim said the two countries share a common history and culture despite on and off disputes in the Aegean Sea.
His remarks come ahead of a two-day visit by Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Feb. 5-6.
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » Former Ambassador: Regional Security in the Balkans is Not Threatened
- » Institutions in Northern Macedonia Are Changing Their Names Today
- » A EP Delegation Arrives in Skopje to Assess the Progress of the Country
- » Nearly 90 Illegal Migrants Held in Turkey
- » In Northern Macedonia, Are Preparing For the Presidential Election