Bulgarians in Germany have Increased More than Five Times, while almost 2.5 Million Bulgarians are Abroad
Bulgarians in Germany have increased more than five times in seven years and are already more than 400,000, and around 2.5 million Bulgarians live and work around the world, the Bulgarian-language website, headquartered in Chicago www.eurochicago.com, cited by BTA. The Foreign Ministry data was sent to the publication on January 31, 2019 in response to the editorial questions of the website.
From the information it is clear that in Germany the Bulgarians are 416 thousand. Followed by Turkey (350,000), the United States and Greece with 300,000, Spain 250,000, Great Britain 100,000 and Italy 120,000.
In 2011, when the site requested the same information, the number of Bulgarian citizens in Germany was only 74,869. In the same year in the UK there were 100,000 Bulgarian citizens, with the number jumping by about 100,000. Turks living in Turkey fell by 150,000. The data for the United States, Greece and Spain are the same as now.
The total number of Bulgarian citizens in the world, according to data for 2011, was nearly 2.02 million. Now they are almost 2.4 million.
The Chicago edition also asked how many employees of the former State Security are now working in the Foreign Ministry. The answer is that they are 56 or two less than 2011.
- » Antistatic International Festival for Contemporary Dance and Performance
- » On 17 and 18 May, Burgas will Host a Two-day Festival Dedicated to South Korean Culture
- » Dog Attacked a 3-year-old Child in Kardzhali Village
- » For the First Time a Bulgarian Won a Scholarship from the Hertz Foundation
- » Today Bulgarians Mark the Beginning of Holy Week
- » EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel to Hold Discussions in Schools on Online Safety and Cyber Security