Former Government Hospital “Lozenets” to be Transformed into Commercial Entity
Bulgaria’s Parliament on 1st of February passed at second reading amendments to the Medical Treatment Facilities Act under which Lozenets Hospital in Sofia, which works under the authority of the Council of Ministers and until the late 1980s was for exclusive use by the members of the political elite, will be transferred under the Health Ministry. The hospital will also be transformed into a commercial entity. The transformation will be completed within 6 months, writes the Bulgarian National Television.
The transformed medical institution will continue to carry out the training of students and graduates as an accredited hospital at the Medical Faculty of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Within three months from the entry into force of the amendments, the Council of Ministers is to approve a draft of a contract regulating the relations between the Minister of Health and the Rectors of the respective higher schools, that until the entry into force of this Act are assigned the management of the state medical institution.
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
- » There are Suspicions of Another 12 Children Infected with Measles in Bulgaria
- » Five Cases of Measles in Bulgaria (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria's NHIF Ended 2018 with a Surplus of BGN 14 Million
- » 24 New Cases of HIV have been Detected since the Beginning of the Year