Former Government Hospital “Lozenets” to be Transformed into Commercial Entity
Bulgaria’s Parliament on 1st of February passed at second reading amendments to the Medical Treatment Facilities Act under which Lozenets Hospital in Sofia, which works under the authority of the Council of Ministers and until the late 1980s was for exclusive use by the members of the political elite, will be transferred under the Health Ministry. The hospital will also be transformed into a commercial entity. The transformation will be completed within 6 months, writes the Bulgarian National Television.
The transformed medical institution will continue to carry out the training of students and graduates as an accredited hospital at the Medical Faculty of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Within three months from the entry into force of the amendments, the Council of Ministers is to approve a draft of a contract regulating the relations between the Minister of Health and the Rectors of the respective higher schools, that until the entry into force of this Act are assigned the management of the state medical institution.
- » Study: insufficient Sleep Makes People Crave Unhealthy Food
- » Eating Healthy Reduces Anxiety and Improves People's Mood
- » Study: Even Small Amounts of Alcohol during Pregnancy Boosts Diabetes Risk for the Baby
- » Free Breast Cancer Examinations
- » There Are still Radioactively Contaminated Fungi more than 30 Years after Chernobyl
- » AirBG Platform: Nitrogen Dioxide Levels in Sofia Are 2 Times Above the Norm