Almost the Whole of Bulgaria in Grip of Flu Epidemic
Montana district is the latest to declare flu epidemic as of 29th of January. Schools cancelled classes until 4th of February, reports BNT.
Thus, 24 districts out of 28 in total have declared flu epidemic.
Nearly 1,400 schools in the country have been closed because of the flu.
According to Bulgaria’s minister of health the flu season will peak this week.
Prof. Dr. Yoto Yotov, University Hospital "St. Marina", Varna: On the one hand, the complications of the flu are those that lead to fatal outcomes. On the other hand, the flu and any such serious infectious disease lead to complication of the cardiovascular diseases themselves. Therefore, in the recommendations of the European and Bulgarian Society of Cardiology, we strongly recommend that, when there is no contraindication, patients with cardiovascular disease should be vaccinated against influenza in order to protect themselves from these severe complications.
Free examinations and consultations for patients with suspected flu symptoms will be available today at the Military Medical Academy (MMA) in Sofia. It is an emergency surgery and patients do not have to go through the GP. However, they need to make an arrangement. The patients will be consulted by experts from the Department of Infectious Diseases at the MMA from 09:00 to 14:00.
- » Bulgaria Will Finance Lung Transplants in Non-EU Countries
- » New York Banned Flavoured E-Cigarettes
- » The Air in the Classrooms in Bulgaria - Dangerous for the Children’s Health
- » Bulgarian Women Had over 5,300 Abortions in just Three Months
- » The Early Start of School Classes Affects the Psyche of Children
- » Pizza for Breakfast - Better than Cereal?