Bulgarian State Redeems Portrait of Prince Batenberg for 22,500 Euros at Auction in Vienna
We paid EUR 18,000 for the portrait of Alexander of Battenberg, Minister of Culture Boil Banov told Nova TV, referring to the purchase made by the Bulgarian government of a portrait and valuable items belonging to the first prince of modern autonomous Bulgaria, Alexander I of Battenberg, at an auction organised by an auction house in Vienna.
"I personally took part [in the auction]. Everything had to be kept secret, the prices could have tripled and quadrupled, had it been known that the Bulgarian state was participating,”
The items in question include a unique portrait of Alexander I, and three silver trays gifted to him by residents of Ruse, Lovech and Berkovitsa on the occasion of his ascending the Bulgarian throne.
Minister Banov said the items will be transported to Bulgaria under a special regime and will be placed on public display.
- » The 69th Edition of "Berlinale" Begins
- » The "One Person" Figure with 56 Screen, 12 Meters High, can Replace the "Bronze House"
- » National Palace of Culture Will Host the Harry Potter Book Night
- » Theater Sofia Brings THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME to Bulgaria 2/8 and 3/19!
- » The Bulgarian National Film Center Will Increase the Annual Amount of Film Funding by 6.32%
- » Exhibition of Donated Paintings at the National Gallery