High Avalanche Risk in Rila, Pirin and Rhodopes
There is high avalanche risk in the Rila, Pirin and Rhodope mountains, the Mountain Rescue Service with the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus News Agency. The weather is cloudy and calm, light wind blowing in some parts. The avalanche danger increases as the weather gets better. Slabs have formed in Vitosha in the area of Reznyovete following yesterday’s high winds. The rescue service advises against going off piste. Hikers should follow winter trail markers.
All lift facilities are operational.
No incidents with tourists have been reported over the past 24 hours.
More information is available on MRS’ website (www.pss-bg.bg), or at: 02/ 9632000 and 1470 (for all mobile operators).
- » At Least 55 Elephants Died of Starvation in just Two Months in Zimbabwe
- » 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Iran
- » 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Registered in Vanuatu
- » Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Between 22C and 27C
- » The Etna Volcano Erupted Again
- » Strong Earthquake in Alaska