High Avalanche Risk in Rila, Pirin and Rhodopes
There is high avalanche risk in the Rila, Pirin and Rhodope mountains, the Mountain Rescue Service with the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus News Agency. The weather is cloudy and calm, light wind blowing in some parts. The avalanche danger increases as the weather gets better. Slabs have formed in Vitosha in the area of Reznyovete following yesterday’s high winds. The rescue service advises against going off piste. Hikers should follow winter trail markers.
All lift facilities are operational.
No incidents with tourists have been reported over the past 24 hours.
More information is available on MRS’ website (www.pss-bg.bg), or at: 02/ 9632000 and 1470 (for all mobile operators).
- » What will Be the Weather in the Coming Week?
- » Sunny and Hot Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 29°C and 34°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Macedonia
- » China floods: Dozens killed, Hundreds Are Wounded
- » Sunny and Hot today, with Maximum Temperature Between 31°C and 36°C
- » Bulgarian and Romanian Ships Fight Oil Spills in the Black Sea