High Avalanche Risk in Rila, Pirin and Rhodopes
There is high avalanche risk in the Rila, Pirin and Rhodope mountains, the Mountain Rescue Service with the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus News Agency. The weather is cloudy and calm, light wind blowing in some parts. The avalanche danger increases as the weather gets better. Slabs have formed in Vitosha in the area of Reznyovete following yesterday’s high winds. The rescue service advises against going off piste. Hikers should follow winter trail markers.
All lift facilities are operational.
No incidents with tourists have been reported over the past 24 hours.
More information is available on MRS’ website (www.pss-bg.bg), or at: 02/ 9632000 and 1470 (for all mobile operators).
- » Extreme Fire Danger in Three Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Variable Cloudiness with Occasional Showers Today
- » Bulgaria Ranks 9th in the EU in Forest Areas
- » Berlin Imposes Partial Ban on Diesel Cars from October
- » The Fire near Haskovo Is Finally Extinguished
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy with Brief Showers in some Places