High Avalanche Risk in Rila, Pirin and Rhodopes
There is high avalanche risk in the Rila, Pirin and Rhodope mountains, the Mountain Rescue Service with the Bulgarian Red Cross told Focus News Agency. The weather is cloudy and calm, light wind blowing in some parts. The avalanche danger increases as the weather gets better. Slabs have formed in Vitosha in the area of Reznyovete following yesterday’s high winds. The rescue service advises against going off piste. Hikers should follow winter trail markers.
All lift facilities are operational.
No incidents with tourists have been reported over the past 24 hours.
More information is available on MRS’ website (www.pss-bg.bg), or at: 02/ 9632000 and 1470 (for all mobile operators).
- » Rain with Sand from Sahara in Smolyan
- » Scientists have Uncovered a Quake on Mars
- » Spells of Light Rain in Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 18°C and 23°C
- » UN: By 2050, There Will be More Plastic in the Seas Than Fish
- » Considerable Clouds Today in Bulgaria, Rain in Some Places
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C