Libya, Bulgaria Review Resumption of Cooperation
Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva met with Libya’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammed Sayala in Brussels to discuss the upcoming visit to Bulgaria by Libya’s Head of Presidential Council Fayez al-Sarraj, said the press office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, reported libyanexpress.com
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister Saraj last week and invited him to visit Bulgaria, which he accepted.
Invitations were also made to the foreign and home affairs ministers.
“We remember the good work many Bulgarian companies did in our country, we have to restore our relations to their previous level,” Sayala said at the meeting.
“All stadiums in Libya are built by Bulgarian companies and are still in excellent condition. Your workers are very industrious,” he added.
Meanwhile, Minister Zaharieva said they need to strengthen bilateral ties, especially in the field of economy.
“Our engineers and doctors played an important role in Libya’s public and economic life,” she added.
The two ministers agreed that the visit of Al-Sirraj to Bulgaria be accompanied by a business forum to discuss the resumption of Bulgarian export to Libya.
- » US and Greece with New Ambassadors to Bulgaria
- » E.Zaharieva: Bulgaria Wants Constructive Cooperation with Russia
- » Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Is Visiting Croatia
- » The New US Ambassador to Bulgaria Replaces Eric Rubin
- » Bulgaria and Cambodia May Activate their Relations
- » France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana