Libya Seeks Restoration of Economic Relations with Bulgaria
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva met with Libya’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammed Tahir Siala in Brussels to discuss the upcoming visit to Bulgaria of Libya's Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj, said the press office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
A week ago Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borissov had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister Saraj and invited him to visit Bulgaria, which he accepted. Invitations were also made to the foreign and home affairs ministers.
“We remember the good work many Bulgarian companies did in our country, we have to restore our relations to their previous level,” Minister Siala said at the meeting. “All stadiums in Libya are built by Bulgarian companies and are still in excellent condition. Your workers are very industrious," he added.
"We need to strengthen our bilateral ties, especially in the field of economy. Our engineers and doctors played an important role in Libya's public and economic life,” Minister Zaharieva said.
The two ministers agreed that the visit of the Libyan prime minister to Bulgaria be accompanied by a business forum to discuss the resumption of Bulgarian export to Lybia.
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Met with the Bulgarian Community in Moscow
- » Zaharieva and Lavrov Discussed Strategic Energy Projects
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Meets with Sergey Lavrov in Moscow
- » President Radev Will Attend the Enthronement of Emperor Naruhito
- » US and Greece with New Ambassadors to Bulgaria
- » E.Zaharieva: Bulgaria Wants Constructive Cooperation with Russia