Bulgarian PM Declined to Participate in the World Economic Forum, Following the Example of Donald Trump
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov has refused to participate in the World Economic Forum in the Swiss resort of Davos. He estimated there was no point in spending state money on a trip after the American leader Donald Trump did not attend the forum. Other world leaders refused to participate for various reasons.
Originally, US President Donald Trump said he would not go. Later, he stopped the entire American delegation to participate in the Davos Forum.
It was planned the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to meet the Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov. During this meeting, it was expected to discuss the deal for the purchase of eight new F-16 fighters and possibly a visa waiver program for Bulgarians traveling to the United States.
French President Emmanuel Macron also declined to take part because he has to accept a social reform in connection with the demands of "yellow vests". On the other hand, British Prime Minister Teresa May will not be there because of negotiations on a possible plan ''B'' for Brexit.
- » Is Bulgaria Ready For the Challenges of the Present and the Future?
- » Over 2 million Sales of Electronic Vignettes in Bulgaria Have Been Realized
- » The Cabinet Approves BGN 20.7 million Subsidy For Religions for 2019
- » Bulgaria's Financial Regulator to Check Eurohold Over CEZ Deal
- » More than 280,000 Bulgarians Will Travel During the Easter Holiday
- » Up to 10 Years There Will Be a New Terminal and a Runway at Sofia Airport