A Second Referendum Would be a Disaster for Britain
There was much jubilation last week among the crowds outside the Houses of Parliament when Theresa May’s deal went down to a record-breaking defeat.
Yet we are likely to look back on that moment in future years as a calamitous one for British democracy, The Telegraph reports.
At a stroke, the majority of MPs joined together to paralyse the only good government available, make Brexit impossible to deliver on schedule or even at all, and produce in much of the population an utter disgust with their proceedings. Most important of all, wittingly or not, they started the countdown to another referendum.
Yes, it is now quite likely that we will have to do it all again.
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian GDP will Rise by at least 10-20% with the Construction of Hemus Highway
- » Bulgarian State-owned Company Starts the Construction of a Section of "Hemus" Highway
- » Five Оffers From International Companies For Sofia Airport Concession Tender Received
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Support for Serbia's European Path Will Continue
- » Bulgarian Exports to Vietnam in 2018 Amounted to $ 33.0 million in 2018
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Openes the 1st Meeting of the National Committee on International Humanitarian Law