A Second Referendum Would be a Disaster for Britain
There was much jubilation last week among the crowds outside the Houses of Parliament when Theresa May’s deal went down to a record-breaking defeat.
Yet we are likely to look back on that moment in future years as a calamitous one for British democracy, The Telegraph reports.
At a stroke, the majority of MPs joined together to paralyse the only good government available, make Brexit impossible to deliver on schedule or even at all, and produce in much of the population an utter disgust with their proceedings. Most important of all, wittingly or not, they started the countdown to another referendum.
Yes, it is now quite likely that we will have to do it all again.
- » The Number of Employed People in Bulgaria Exceeds Registered Unemployed in the First 6 Months of 2019
- » Fandakova: Maya Manolova is the BSP Candidate for Mayor of the Capital
- » "Volya" Won't Support the Deal for the Purchase of the F-16 Aircraft
- » The Procedure for the Election of a new Chief Prosecutor Starts
- » The Government Approved F-16 Fighter Money
- » Maya Manolova: I Will Run for Mayor of Sofia if the Mockery with the Citizens Continues