Danube Tourism Management Organisation Elects Chairman
Ruse Mayor Plamen Stoilov was elected Chairman of the newly set up Organisation for Management of Danube Tourism Region, while Svishtov Mayor Gencho Genchev will be Deputy Chairman, Svishtov Municipality said.
The Danube tourism region includes 67 municipalities, which makes it the largest compared to the other eight in the country, with a total of 21% of the national territory and 16% of the population.
The organisation will work for the creation of regional tourism products and the implementation of regional marketing and advertising on the territory of the Danube tourism region. Among its main objectives are the region’s promotion as an attractive destination and assisting cooperation between all parties for the development of competitive and sustainable tourism in the following areas: cultural-historical, river cruise, adventure and ecotourism, hunting, entertainment and shopping, wine and culinary, religious, pilgrimage tourism, etc.
- » Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
- » 10% Decline in Early Bookings For the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » New Cheap Flights Start between Sofia, Bulgaria and Germany
- » First Flight of the Largest Aircraft in the World
- » By the End of 2019 a Direct Airline Between Varna and Doha Will be Opened
- » Data from Winter 2018/2019 Season Show Bulgaria Manages to Keep High Tourism Levels