Record High Number of Participants Expected in the Mummers Festival in Pernik
Some 7,500 participants from 9 countries are expected to take part in this year’s edition of the international mummers festival “Surva” in Bulgaria’s town of Pernik. They will present customs and traditions of ancient origin. The festival will run from 25th to 27th of January, reports BNT.
Vyara Tserovska, Mayor of Pernik: This is the festival of emotion, meeting, excitement, events, and it is really worth being part of the magic of this day. Bulgaria, Portugal, Serbia, Turkey, Greece, Slovenia, Russia - all will take part in this wonderful event.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Actress Megan Fox is in Bulgaria
- » Muslims Celebrate Eid al-Adha (Kurban Bayram) Today
- » Nearly BGN 12 Million Will Go to 3000 Independent Artists in Bulgaria
- » Rembrandt's Self-Portrait Has Been Auctioned for €16 Million in Just 6 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Last Submarine "Slava" to Become a Museum
- » Bulgaria Marks 183 Years Since the Birth of National Hero Vassil Levski