Bulgarian Businessman Spas Rusev Targets Telekom Romania after Albania
The Bulgarian entrepreneur Spas Rusev has confirmed he is in talks to buy Telekom Romania.
Speaking to Capital, he added that because of the size of the possible transaction he is undertaking it with a partner.
Furthermore, he will at a future date also enter into talks to buy the Macedonian incumbent.
As previously reported by Broadband TV News, it was announced last week that Rusev, along with the Bulgarian-Albanian investor Elvin Guri, is to buy Telekom Albania from Deutsche Telekom subsidiary OTE for €50 million.
According to Capital, the acquisition is just the first step is his regional expansion in the Balkans.
Local reports say that Telekom Romania’s fixed and mobile businesses could be worth a total of over €1 billion.
- » Exports From the Agriculture and Food Sectors in Bulgaria Reached EUR 4.5-5 billion
- » BDZ Provides Over 19 000 Additional Seats in the Trains For the Holidays
- » 100% Increase of Property Prices in Sofia in the Last 15 Years
- » European IT Leader with Office in Sofia Reported Revenues of EUR 6.1 Billion for the First Quarter
- » Household Deposits in Bulgaria are Rising
- » J&P AVAX Files Lowest Bid to Build Bulgaria-Greece Gas Link