Bulgaria Repatriates 894 illegal Immigrants in 2018
Bulgaria repatriated 894 illegal immigrants last year, less than half of the 2017 number which stood at 1,903, a report of the country’s interior ministry revealed on Friday.
Among them, 332 foreigners were forcibly returned, 298 left within programs for assisted voluntary return, and 80 left voluntarily at their expense, the report said.
In terms of nationality, data of the report showed that the largest was the share of Iraqis, which accounted for 36.1 percent of the repatriated immigrants.
According to the report, 2,535 foreigners applied for protection in 2018, while 317 received refugee status and 413 received humanitarian status.
- » GERB has Announced that it will Restore the Preferential Vote
- » Chairman of GERB Tsvetan Tsvetanov is on a Working Visit with Kosovo Prime Minister
- » Traffic Police Operation For Control of Trucks and Buses Begins
- » Today we Mark 146th Anniversary of the Death of Bulgarian National Hero Levski
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party Leaves Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%