Bulgaria Repatriates 894 illegal Immigrants in 2018
Bulgaria repatriated 894 illegal immigrants last year, less than half of the 2017 number which stood at 1,903, a report of the country’s interior ministry revealed on Friday.
Among them, 332 foreigners were forcibly returned, 298 left within programs for assisted voluntary return, and 80 left voluntarily at their expense, the report said.
In terms of nationality, data of the report showed that the largest was the share of Iraqis, which accounted for 36.1 percent of the repatriated immigrants.
According to the report, 2,535 foreigners applied for protection in 2018, while 317 received refugee status and 413 received humanitarian status.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong