Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva Will be on a Working Visit to Brussels on 21 and 22 January
She will take part in the ''Foreign Affairs'' Council and in the ministerial meeting between the EU and ASEAN, as well as in the EU-African Union Ministerial Meeting on 21 and 22 January in Brussels, reported NOVA TV.
On Monday, foreign ministers will begin work with a discussion on "Enhancing the EU's work on mediation and conflict prevention in Africa with a special focus on young people's participation in the peace process."
The Council meeting will begin with a discussion on topical issues, including the situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo following the presidential elections in the country on 30 December 2018.
The Council will continue with a discussion on the Disinformation Action Plan presented by the European Commission on 5 December 2018. Ministers are expected to focus on the external aspects of the disinformation challenges.
The discussion in the Council will continue with a preliminary discussion at the ministerial meeting between the EU and the League of Arab States. It will be held in Brussels on 4 February.
The Council will also discuss the 22nd EU-ASEAN ministerial meeting to be held that same day in Brussels. The Council is expected to adopt conclusions on the relationship between the two organizations.
The 22nd EU-ASEAN ministerial meeting is scheduled to conclude with the adoption of a joint statement focusing on the future of relations, security, connectivity and trade and economy.
During the first EU-AU ministerial meeting, which takes place between summits of the two organizations, the participants will discuss their cooperation in three main aspects: political, economic and multilateral.
- » Bulgarian Exports to Vietnam in 2018 Amounted to $ 33.0 million in 2018
- » Deputy Prime Minister Nikolova: There is Potential For Investment Cooperation Between Bulgaria and Kuwait
- » 6 Iran-Bulgaria Cooperation Deals Signed
- » The Speaker of the Bulgarian National Assembly Spoke with the Iranian Minister of Road and Urban Development
- » Iran and Bulgaria are Negotiating for Direct Flights Sofia - Tehran
- » President Rumen Radev Speaks with the Vice President of the National Committee of the People's Political Consultative Council, Zhang Qingli