One Killed, Two Injured in Swiss Avalanche
An avalanche in southern Switzerland has killed one person and injured two others, police said Sunday, the latest deadly incident following heavy snowfall across the region, reported AFP.
A group of seven French nationals in a skiing party were on a snow ledge near the Vanil Carre mountain in the Chateau-d'Oex district Saturday when the avalanche occurred, said police in Switzerland's Vaud canton.
A 39-year-old man was "totally buried" and killed, while two others survived with minor injuries, said the police statement.
Switzerland's national weather office earlier in the week raised its avalanche warnings to the highest level across several parts of the country.
Last week, at least three people were killed by an avalanche in western Austria, while French authorities have also warned of a high avalanche risk in the Haute-Savoie region that borders Switzerland
- » Passenger in Critical Condition after Abrupt Stop by a Public Transport Bus in Varna
- » Person Hit by Train near Lakatnik Station
- » Small Plane Crashed on a Residential Building in Chile, at least 6 People were Killed
- » About 150 People are Missing after a Shipwreck in DR Congo
- » Notre-Dame Big Fire: Most Valuable Artifacts have been Saved, Macron Pledges to Reconstruct Cathedral
- » The Bulgarian Government Aircraft Got a Flat Tire on Landing in Brussels