One Killed, Two Injured in Swiss Avalanche
An avalanche in southern Switzerland has killed one person and injured two others, police said Sunday, the latest deadly incident following heavy snowfall across the region, reported AFP.
A group of seven French nationals in a skiing party were on a snow ledge near the Vanil Carre mountain in the Chateau-d'Oex district Saturday when the avalanche occurred, said police in Switzerland's Vaud canton.
A 39-year-old man was "totally buried" and killed, while two others survived with minor injuries, said the police statement.
Switzerland's national weather office earlier in the week raised its avalanche warnings to the highest level across several parts of the country.
Last week, at least three people were killed by an avalanche in western Austria, while French authorities have also warned of a high avalanche risk in the Haute-Savoie region that borders Switzerland
- » No Environmental Pollution Recorded after the Fire at Maritsa Iztok 2 TPP
- » Bulgarian has Died, and Four have been Injured in Car Crash in Romania
- » Human Error is One of the Possible Causes of Fire in the TPP Maritsa East 2
- » Fire in Downtown Sofia
- » Bus with Children Crashed in Northern Bulgaria, 10 People Injured
- » Severe Chain Reaction Accident on the Trakia Highway