Citizens of Nine Bulgarian Cities are Breathing Dirty Air
Excessive fine particle concentration this morning was recorded in 9 cities.
Data is on the European Commission's Clean Air Index.
The most significant values above the average daily standards were reported in Sofia, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan.
In Blagoevgrad the pollution is 3 times above the norm, and in Sofia and Smolyan - 2 times, NOVA informs.
The other cities with exceeded concentration of fine particles are Pernik, Ruse, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Plovdiv, Kardzhali, Burgas.
Sofia Municipality has recommended today to travel by public transport and owners of older cars to not use them.
- » Mostly Sunshine Today in Bulgaria, Warm Day with Highs between 13-18°C
- » 14 Tonnes of Toxic Waste Dumped in the Yana Station Area in Sofia - is there a Danger to People?
- » Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 10 ° and 15 °
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Is Winter Going Away? New Warm Wave is Coming
- » Snowfall in some Areas in Bulgaria, Highs between 1-6°C