Citizens of Nine Bulgarian Cities are Breathing Dirty Air
Excessive fine particle concentration this morning was recorded in 9 cities.
Data is on the European Commission's Clean Air Index.
The most significant values above the average daily standards were reported in Sofia, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan.
In Blagoevgrad the pollution is 3 times above the norm, and in Sofia and Smolyan - 2 times, NOVA informs.
The other cities with exceeded concentration of fine particles are Pernik, Ruse, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Plovdiv, Kardzhali, Burgas.
Sofia Municipality has recommended today to travel by public transport and owners of older cars to not use them.
- » Iceland Honors the Loss of the First Glacier Due to Global Warming
- » Sunny with Temperatures Between 29C to 34C
- » Extreme Fire Danger in Three Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Variable Cloudiness with Occasional Showers Today
- » Bulgaria Ranks 9th in the EU in Forest Areas
- » Berlin Imposes Partial Ban on Diesel Cars from October