Tiafoe Comes of Age with Win over Dimitrov
Tiafoe marked his 21st birthday on Sunday with another power-packed display to reach the quarter- finals of the Australian Open - by far his best ever performance in a Grand Slam tournament.
And the self-confessed huge basketball fan once again emulated his hero, Le Bron James, with a celebration straight out of the LA Lakers' Arena after he saw off the 20th seed, Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov.
Tiafoe has been on a roll in Melbourne and his win on Sunday was a coming of age event in more ways than one as he downed Dimitrov 7-5, 7-6, 6-7, 7-5.
There were few clues early in this game that Tiafoe would have such a momentous victory. Dimitrov served out the first game to love after the American had won the toss but elected to receive - a rather unusual choice at this level of the game.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro
- » Jess Messina Off to Bulgaria