Tiafoe Comes of Age with Win over Dimitrov
Tiafoe marked his 21st birthday on Sunday with another power-packed display to reach the quarter- finals of the Australian Open - by far his best ever performance in a Grand Slam tournament.
And the self-confessed huge basketball fan once again emulated his hero, Le Bron James, with a celebration straight out of the LA Lakers' Arena after he saw off the 20th seed, Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov.
Tiafoe has been on a roll in Melbourne and his win on Sunday was a coming of age event in more ways than one as he downed Dimitrov 7-5, 7-6, 6-7, 7-5.
There were few clues early in this game that Tiafoe would have such a momentous victory. Dimitrov served out the first game to love after the American had won the toss but elected to receive - a rather unusual choice at this level of the game.
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match
- » Woman Wins 4,000-km Bulgaria-France Bike race after Sleeping by Road
- » Grigor Dimitrov Outside of the Top 70 in the World Rankings For the First Time in 7 Years