Flu Epidemic Declared in Smolyan District
Flu epidemic is declared for the territory of Smolyan district, South Bulgaria as of 18th of January. The number of flu cases reached 253 per 10,000.The threshold for epidemic levels is 220 people per 10,000, reports BNT.
Visits in hospitals, prophylactic immunizations, consultations for children and pregnant women are suspended.
Planned operations in hospitals have also been suspended.
Schools will cancel classes from 21th to 23rd of January including.
So far, flu epidemic has been declared in 7 districts in Bulgaria including, Silsitra, Shumen, Bourgas, Yambol, Stara Zagora, Pazardzhik and Pernik.
More than 400 schools across the country have temporarily cancelled classes.
- » First Case of African Swine Fever in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Two New Cases of West Nile Fever Confirmed in Bulgaria
- » The National Antiaids Summer Campaign Strated on August 15
- » The United Kingdom May Be Left without some of Its Medicines after Brexit
- » Bulgaria will not be Able to Send People for Lung Transplant to Vienna
- » The Cases of African Swine Fever in Wild Boar are Now 32