Flu Epidemic Declared in Smolyan District
Flu epidemic is declared for the territory of Smolyan district, South Bulgaria as of 18th of January. The number of flu cases reached 253 per 10,000.The threshold for epidemic levels is 220 people per 10,000, reports BNT.
Visits in hospitals, prophylactic immunizations, consultations for children and pregnant women are suspended.
Planned operations in hospitals have also been suspended.
Schools will cancel classes from 21th to 23rd of January including.
So far, flu epidemic has been declared in 7 districts in Bulgaria including, Silsitra, Shumen, Bourgas, Yambol, Stara Zagora, Pazardzhik and Pernik.
More than 400 schools across the country have temporarily cancelled classes.
- » Eating Healthy Reduces Anxiety and Improves People's Mood
- » Study: Even Small Amounts of Alcohol during Pregnancy Boosts Diabetes Risk for the Baby
- » Free Breast Cancer Examinations
- » There Are still Radioactively Contaminated Fungi more than 30 Years after Chernobyl
- » AirBG Platform: Nitrogen Dioxide Levels in Sofia Are 2 Times Above the Norm
- » We Are Celebrating World Mental Health Day