43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
Bulgaria’s specialised prosecutor's office, together with the State Agency for National Security and the State Agency for Combating Organised Crime, conducted procedural investigations on the territory of the cities of Sofia, Pleven, Blagoevgrad, Razgrad, Haskovo, Plovdiv and Lovech, the prosecutor’s office announced on 18th of January.
The subject of the investigation is the activity of a group of foreign citizens in organising and realising on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria unregulated money transfers in and out of the country in particularly large amounts under the so- "hawaia" method within an international organised criminal group.
43 persons were detained for a term of up to 24 hours in the course of the investigation.
It was identified that the main organizer of the criminal activity was a Syrian citizen residing in Bulgaria. He was detained in Sofia, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey