43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
Bulgaria’s specialised prosecutor's office, together with the State Agency for National Security and the State Agency for Combating Organised Crime, conducted procedural investigations on the territory of the cities of Sofia, Pleven, Blagoevgrad, Razgrad, Haskovo, Plovdiv and Lovech, the prosecutor’s office announced on 18th of January.
The subject of the investigation is the activity of a group of foreign citizens in organising and realising on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria unregulated money transfers in and out of the country in particularly large amounts under the so- "hawaia" method within an international organised criminal group.
43 persons were detained for a term of up to 24 hours in the course of the investigation.
It was identified that the main organizer of the criminal activity was a Syrian citizen residing in Bulgaria. He was detained in Sofia, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
- » Bulgarian Citizen Committed a Double Murder in Turkey and Committed Suicide
- » Greek Police Detained a Bulgarian Truck Full of illegal Immigrants
- » Special Operation in Vidin Against a Group for Human Trafficking and Money Laundering
- » Bulgarian Police Arrested 30 People in an Operation Against Telephone Fraudsters
- » Bulgaria Seizes 288 Kg of Heroin in Truck From Iran
- » Thief from Montana Area Drained a Dam and Took over 600 kg of Fish