More than 150 Passengers Stuck at Sofia Airport for 12 hours
More than 150 people were stuck at Sofia airport for 12 hours. The reason was a long delay to a flight to Barcelona. The airline explained to the passengers that weather problems forced the plane to wait for hours to depart from Jordan.
The plane from Sofia to Barcelona of the low-cost airline had to depart at 6:30 am. Half an hour later, however, passengers received e-mails that the flight would be delayed. Since then, the departure time has changed several times, leaving dozens of worried people in front of the information boards.
Sandstorm is the cause of the long delay. This is the only explanation the waiting people received. Some complained that they missed connection flights and were worried they would have to spend the night at Barcelona airport.
The flight eventually took off shortly before 18.00. Many of the passengers said they would seek compensations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List
- » Bulgaria Supports Tour Guides with BGN 3 Million
- » NSI: Holidays and Excursions of Foreigners in Bulgaria Decreased by Over 85% in July