Flu Epidemic Declared in Pazardzhik
A flu epidemic has been declared in the Pazardzhik region, Governor Stefan Mirev said to reporters after a meeting of the committee monitoring the situation with influenza and acute respiratory diseases, Focus Radio reported. The governor reported a surge in the number of infected people and said that a peak of morbidity was expected next week. Local schools will not be closed for now, as the percentage of absent pupils is 18%, but on Friday morning the committee will meet again to reassess if classes should continue or not.
- » Triple Jump of Cancer Patients in Bulgaria for 37 Years
- » Nearly 1000 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria
- » Since February, Measles Cases in Bulgaria have been Rising
- » For the First Time: Sofia Will Host a World Meeting of Child Cardiologists and Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- » Snake Bites Boom in the Beginning of the Summer
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe