Spending on Opening Ceremony of European Capital of Culture Plovdiv 2019 Under Investigation
The District Prosecutor's Office will be looking into potential financial wrongdoings by Plovdiv Municipality, said the press office of the Appellate Prosecutor's Office – Plovdiv.
Following numerous publications and comments in the media, Plovdiv prosecutors have launched an investigation into a potential misconduct in public office to determine whether funds were misspent in relation to the opening ceremony of the European Capital of Culture - Plovdiv 2019 initiative, which took place on 12 January 2019.
The investigation was assigned to the Economic Police of the Plovdiv Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior, with a 30-day deadline.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: In July, we are Entering the Eurozone Waiting Room
- » More than half of Bulgarians Approve the EU's Foreign Policy
- » EUR 1.415 billion is Planned For the Development of Innovation
- » Bulgaria is the Worst in the EU Ranking on the Rule of Law for 2018
- » Rights of Bulgarian Citizens in the UK Will Be Guaranteed Even After a Hard Brexit
- » International Companies Awarded Bulgarian Students in Brussels