Sergei Stanishev, PES: We will Seek a Broad Centre-left Alliance
The Party of European Socialists (PES) will seek the formation of a broad centre-left alliance, its leader Sergei Stanishev told a briefing, Focus News Agency reports.
“A serious battle lies ahead. I want to emphasise who our opponents are in Bulgaria and in the EU – the traditional right and the far-right which essentially make a bloc in Bulgaria, Austria and the EP,” Stanishev said. “The European elections will be important for our country and the EU,” he stressed. “For the EU it is important to achieve political conditions for a change. Each MEP for the left will be a prop for change,” the PES leader said. “BSP, in its platform, which is well balanced, has some good ideas, such as the one for a European commissioner for demography,” Sergei Stanishev said.
- » The Campaign for the European Election Begins
- » Suggestions for Sofia to Be Declared the European Capital of Intelligent Tourism
- » Bulgarian Vice President Participated at a Conference "Euro-vectors to the US-China-Russia Geopolitical Triangle"
- » What are the Electoral Attitudes in Bulgaria Before the Start of the European Election Campaign?
- » Liliana Pavlova: The Key to What Europe We Want is in the Hands of Young People
- » Bulgaria is Applying for the Seat of the European Labor Authority