Flu Epidemic Declared in Several Regions in Bulgaria
A flu epidemic has been declared in the regions of Stara Zagora, Silistra, Burgas and Shumen. In Burgas, school classes are suspended from today until January 18, reports Focus News Agency.
The health authorities in Stara Zagora and Shumen have recommended suspending classes between January 16 and 18. In view of the dynamic epidemic situation in Silistra and the continuous rise in acute respiratory diseases and influenza incidence, the regional health authority took pre-epidemic measures to control morbidity.
The Ministry of Health has said that regular consultations of pregnant women and children, visits in hospitals and planned vaccinations are suspended in Stara Zagora, Silistra and Burgas regions.
- » Bulgarian Doctors will be Trained for Pulmonary Transplantation in Vienna
- » 110,000 Cases of Measles Worldwide Over the First Three Months of the Year
- » Nearly 500 Measles Cases in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth in Europe on the Spread of Measles
- » A National Coordination Council for Measles Has Been Established
- » 460 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria, 20 of them are Hospital Staff