Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
Grigor Dimitrov reaches the 2nd round of the Australian Open after beating Janko Tipsarevic in 4 set, reported tennistonic.com
The Serb is a former world no.8 player that is now ranked 104. Grigor was expected to have a smooth sail to the second round, but 1 “weak moment” in the opening set cost him a decisive break. Dimitrov found himself trailing 4-6, and he had to get back his focus immediately before it was too late. Eventually, the Bulgarian found his groove to win the contest 4-6 6-3 6-1 6-4.
Next vs. Cuevas
Grigor will play the world no.90 Pablo Cuevas in the 2nd round. The H2H is 2-1 for the Bulgarian.
- » 15 Year-old Yosif Miladinov Breaks Bulgarian Record with 52.32 Butterfly
- » Grigor Dimitrov Stumbled Again in Nadal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progressed with One Place in the World Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Golden Ensemble in Rhythmic Triumphs in the Crowd in Sofia (Video)
- » Successful Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Bilyana Dudova Became European Wrestling Champion in Bucharest