Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
Grigor Dimitrov reaches the 2nd round of the Australian Open after beating Janko Tipsarevic in 4 set, reported tennistonic.com
The Serb is a former world no.8 player that is now ranked 104. Grigor was expected to have a smooth sail to the second round, but 1 “weak moment” in the opening set cost him a decisive break. Dimitrov found himself trailing 4-6, and he had to get back his focus immediately before it was too late. Eventually, the Bulgarian found his groove to win the contest 4-6 6-3 6-1 6-4.
Next vs. Cuevas
Grigor will play the world no.90 Pablo Cuevas in the 2nd round. The H2H is 2-1 for the Bulgarian.
- » Rafael Nadal's Uncle: I Thought Grigor Dimitrov would Become World No. 1
- » Tiafoe Comes of Age with Win over Dimitrov
- » Grigor Dimitrov For the Fifth Time in Melbourne Last Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Fights to Come Through in Four Sets Against Pablo Cuevas
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov