Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
Grigor Dimitrov reaches the 2nd round of the Australian Open after beating Janko Tipsarevic in 4 set, reported tennistonic.com
The Serb is a former world no.8 player that is now ranked 104. Grigor was expected to have a smooth sail to the second round, but 1 “weak moment” in the opening set cost him a decisive break. Dimitrov found himself trailing 4-6, and he had to get back his focus immediately before it was too late. Eventually, the Bulgarian found his groove to win the contest 4-6 6-3 6-1 6-4.
Next vs. Cuevas
Grigor will play the world no.90 Pablo Cuevas in the 2nd round. The H2H is 2-1 for the Bulgarian.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained
- » On April 20th Hristo Prodanov Became a Hero - He Climbed Mount Everest Without the Use of Supplementary Oxygen