Bulgarian Energy Minister: We Have Created a Liberalized Electricity Market
''Government has a major priority to provide conditions for Bulgarian industry to be competitive in international markets'', Energy Minister Temenujka Petkova said in the studio of the morning block of BNT.
''We have succeeded in creating a liberalized market for electricity in Bulgaria'', Petkova announced, adding that the electricity market is organized in two segments - regulated and the free market where the big business is.
90% of the trading on the stock exchange is made on the basis of bilateral contracts. A troubled segment is "one day ahead," where nearly 10% of the electricity trade takes place, said Petkova.
- » The Coal-powered Stations in Maritza East will Work at Least until 2030
- » Bulgarian Businesses and Trade Unions Request Meeting with PM over High Power Prices on Energy Exchange
- » Bulgartransgaz Creates Subsidiary for Gas Distribution Hub
- » General Electric Interested in Participating as Potential Supplier of Equipment and Engineer of Belene NPP
- » Energy Regulator Discussed Measure to Stabilise Power Prices at The Free Market
- » Urgent Meeting Due to Industrial Electricity Prices in Bulgaria