January 13 - Day of Bulgarian Cinema
On January 13, the Bulgarian film community celebrates its professional holiday. On this day in 1915, the first Bulgarian feature film "Balgaran is Gallant" was screened, so it is celebrated as a Day of Bulgarian Cinema.
The celebration of the Bulgarian Cinema Day is part of the Calendar of Cultural Events of Sofia Municipality. On the occasion of the holiday, the filmmakers received a welcome from the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova.
"I congratulate the Bulgarian film community. In recent years you have gained international recognition, reaching high world honors, which glorifies Sofia and Bulgaria," said Fandakova. She wishes the filmmakers to be healthy and inspired in the way of creativity to continue enjoying and making us proud.
- » Record High Number of Participants Expected in the Mummers Festival in Pernik
- » Bulgaria Officially Returns to the Venice Biennale in 2019
- » The World’s Most Expensive Painting Sold at Auction Is Missing, and the Louvre Abu Dhabi Isn’t Panicking
- » The Most Expected Movies of 2019
- » Stolen Painting of Mrkvička was Discovered at Flea Market in Sofia
- » Thousands of People are Expected for the Opening Event of Plovdiv as the European Capital of Culture