First Surgery in Eastern Europe Carried Out with Help of "Da Vinci" Robot
Surgeons from Bulgaria’s Pleven have successfully performed two oncology surgeries, using the latest generation of the Da Vinci robotic system, announced the Bulgarian National Radio.
The news has been announced by Prof. Grigor Gorchev, head of the team of the St. Marina University Hospital in Pleven. The new equipment will be used in the fields of gynecology, urology and breast surgery.
Thus, Pleven is recognized as one of the leading centers for robotic surgery in Europe. The first steps of robotic surgery in Bulgaria and Southeast Europe were made by the team of Professor Gorchev in 2008.
- » Tesla Makes Charging Stations in the Balkans, but Ignores Bulgaria
- » Courier Company Speedy Buys an IT Company for BGN 3.9 Million
- » Canadian Company Announced that it has Acquired 150,000 Acres for Cannabis Production in Bulgaria
- » SMART CITIES AND MOBILITY Event Open Doors in Sofia on March 26
- » Factory for Ice Cream in Varna Closes Doors
- » Bulgarian Businessman Spas Rusev Targets Telekom Romania after Albania