First Surgery in Eastern Europe Carried Out with Help of "Da Vinci" Robot
Surgeons from Bulgaria’s Pleven have successfully performed two oncology surgeries, using the latest generation of the Da Vinci robotic system, announced the Bulgarian National Radio.
The news has been announced by Prof. Grigor Gorchev, head of the team of the St. Marina University Hospital in Pleven. The new equipment will be used in the fields of gynecology, urology and breast surgery.
Thus, Pleven is recognized as one of the leading centers for robotic surgery in Europe. The first steps of robotic surgery in Bulgaria and Southeast Europe were made by the team of Professor Gorchev in 2008.
- » Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova Held a Meeting with Leading Travel Agencies
- » A 10-Year Plan For the Development of Bulgartransgaz's Networks For the Period 2019-2028 was Discussed
- » IMF: Demographic Problems Stifle the Economic Growth of Countries in the Region
- » Velocity Announces Positive Drill Results from the Bulgarian Obichnik Gold Project
- » CEZ in Bulgaria Gets Permit for EUR 1.5 Million for Transmission Line Project
- » Growth of Bulgarian Exports During the First Five Months of 2019